Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator (Syrian National)
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are seeking a motivated professional individual to join our Syria Country Office’s team. The ideal candidate will have a university degree in relevant university field (Information Systems management, business administration, computer science or similar) with 3-5 years of experience working in an International NGO preferably in an emergency or post conflict setting, including Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) capacity and systems development. We are particularly looking for an individual with knowledge knowledge of principles and current approaches to M&E in relief and development programs using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
Additional useful skills include: experience in facilitating the capacity building of diverse colleagues including local partner agencies; ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training; excellent analytical and computer skills.
The M&E Coordinator will ensure that NRC Damascus mission has an appropriate M&E and information management implementation and that Program field staff have the technical capacity to implement their monitoring responsibilities. The M&E Coordinator will undertake and supervise M&E activities in support of Program Staff, in addition to contribute to capacity building of teams and advise the Area Program Manager (APM).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Identify M&E and information management training needs and priorities;
- Support and provide technical assistance to the program Database Assistants, including mentoring and on-the-job trainings;
- Create and maintain M&E and information management training and plan for the area office;
- Create M&E and information management tools and training content by contextualizing global and regional content and creating new content;
- Deliver M&E and information management training content to Database Assistants and other NRC staff;
- Support field teams on NRC M&E and information management guidelines and good practice;
- Draft M&E or information management SOPs, Guidelines, and other documents to support programs in coordination with the APM;
- Communication and disseminate NRC M+E standards and guidelines;
- Provide M&E advice and support to Project Managers, as needed;
- Provide other M&E and information management support as requested by the APM, including analysis of data from Programs, reports to management, etc.;
Full proficiency in spoken and written English and Arabic is essential.
If this sounds like you, apply now to join one of the world’s leading INGO’s and be part of a team of highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world's biggest displacement crisis.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Contract period: until the end of 2019
Duty Station: Damascus, with up to 50% travel to various locations within Syria.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
For more information, please see attached Job Description