Organizational Setting and Reporting:
This incumbent will be hired as a National Project Personnel (NPP) under the direct supervision of the Administration Officer and performs the following duties;
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Actively coordinate the movement of FAO vehicles and directly supervise drivers; Assist the field operations and implementation of programme in all aspects of logistics to ensure smooth operation;
· In charge of the custom clearance & exemption process for all goods and materials delivered to under FAO programme;
· Monitor Motor vehicle maintenance costs and advise management on the expenditure trends.
· Monitor fuel usage, vehicles logs and report to Management on average fuel usage of each vehicle each quarter.
· Perform other duties as required.
Completed secondary education (high school diploma or equivalent).
A minimum of ten years of experience in Logistics, transportation or other related fields, preferably within the United Nations system.
Arabic and Very good knowledge of English
Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of internal policies processes and procedures generally and in particular those related to procurement, programme/project administration, implementation and evaluation, and technical cooperation. Knowledge of any UN or NGO food security and livelihood operations in Syria.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English directly to :
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the email subject.
Only national Syrian CVs will be considered for shortlisting.