Livelihood Field Assistant
Job Title Livelihood Field Assistant
To work for PUI | Première Urgence Internationale
City Rif Dimashq
Field of Work Education/Training - Social Services - Humanitarian/Disasters
Job Type Full time
Military service Finished or Exempted (For male)
Minimum Education Level Intermediate Institute
The Livelihood Field Assistant is responsible for providing administrative assistance and field monitoring for the livelihood Project activities in Damascus and Rural Damascus governorates. Moreover, those can be summarized in:
- Assists in the preparation phase of the activities and conducting needs assessments for livelihoods activities when requested.
- Collect livelihoods beneficiaries’ information and assist in beneficiaries’ registration
- Provides administrative assistance and field monitoring during the implementation of Livelihood activities in the field such as track progress, inform PUI about accidents, incidents, problems, difficulties, or suggestion during implementation.
- Monitor LH trainers and administrative staff attendance, and prepare their attendance sheets.
- Evaluate trainers’ during LH courses and inform PUI on the need for replacing any trainer.
- Ensure compliance of BMT trainers to contractual conditions.
-Cooperate with VT school staff and support them in organizing administrative issues related to the PUI’s VT activities.
- Assist in organizing various surveys and evaluations and conduct them.
- Perform data entry duties related to applications, evaluations, impact studies, questionnaires, and any other data entry issues.
- Contact stakeholders as requested.
- Submit weekly report or activities reports with relative photos.
- Assist in organizing and following up the distribution of safety gears, training materials, Professional Tool Kits (PTKs) and productive assets.
- Assist in the procurement of productive assets of SSBPs.
- Collect the technical requirements for LH activities and submit them to PUI.
- Assist in organizing transportation lines and follow up trainees’ complains.
- Cooperate with VT heads of departments and support them in preparing and organizing technical and logistic issues related to the VT project.
- Attend meetings as requested.
- Prepare and submit reports according to PUI forms and prepare reports about the vocational training during/after the course in cooperation with school principals and heads of departments according to the forms provided by PUI.
- University degree in Economic, Agriculture, Education or any other related discipline
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience, preferably in livelihood, administration, small business, vocational training within an NGO.
- Good level of spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Good knowledge of Ms. Office package.
- Good skills in photographing.
Specific Vacancy Requirements
- Priorities for applications which submitted with first 10 days.
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Creativity and innovation
- Hard-working and Stress management
- Problem Solving
- Report writing skills
Salary and Benefits
As per Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)) Syria Mission Salary scale
The current operational strategy for Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) in Syria is to alleviate the human suffering of the Syrian people in Syria by delivering sound, needs-based humanitarian assistance, while promoting a life-sustaining response. PUI's positioning on, shelter, education, livelihoods, and WaSH sectors remain a priority.
Based on ten years of experience conducting humanitarian operations in Syria, supporting Iraqi refugees and lately Syrians affected by the crisis, PUI has played an important role in responding to the needs of the population within nine governorates (Aleppo, Damascus, Rural Damascus, Homs, Hama, Tartous, Lattakia &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp; Dera&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;rsquo;a ) and through the following interventions:
- Rehabilitation of collective and private shelters,
- Rehabilitation of infrastructure
- Emergency and Early Recovery WASH interventions
- Education support for conflict-affected populations (remedial classes, school rehabilitations, free exam preparations, summer class activities, community based initatives and psychosocial support),
- Enhancement of the Population of Syria self-reliance through livelihoods (vocational training course, provision of a professional tool kit ((PTK))
Required employees number 2
Posted On Jun 30, 2019
Expiry Date Jul 30, 2019
CV Language English