IT Operations Assistant (SCOPECBT ) SC5- Aleppo VA010-2019
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
From 03 February 2019 till 17 February 2019
TYPE OF CONTRACT/DURATION
Type of contract : Service contract
Duration : Six months
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hungerworldwide.
The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFPworks worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable,
particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ).
The Jobholders report to a Head of the Unit, Chief or Information Technology Officer, or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes
and activities requiring interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course
of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other staff.
The incumbent is expected to deliver and complete a wide range range of WFP beneficiary and transfer management system (SCOPE) operations support activities. Specifically, support is to be provided to WFP business units at the sub-office, WFP cooperating partners and other partners who are SCOPE platform users in order to facilitate effective assistance and service delivery.
The incumbent will apply their knowledge and skills to ensure that sub-office level technical implementation needs and expectations for SCOPE operations are fully met. And that relevant business inputs are provided to the continued development of SCOPE to 2/3/2019 Job Description Print Preview
Follow SCOPE emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency assistance needs.
Perform any other duties as required.
- Governance, Strategy and Architecture: Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems.
- Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and Optimization: Has basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilisation and costs to facilitate the project planning process.
- Technical Expertise: Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technologies and product modifications; Is sought out for advice/expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.
- Service Management: Understands and follows the established standards and protocols for service excellence within own domain to maintain quality of delivery and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Client Management: Exhibits a detailed understanding of customers’ IT requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customers ‘needs. Identifies recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.
- Procurement and Contract Management: Assists in the technology selection process by collating information on vendors and/or products for evaluation against criteria.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience: At least four years of progressively responsible IT operations or support work experience in an engaging and dynamic workplace environment.
- Experience of successfully understanding and contributing to achieving key objectives in support of service plans in a service-orientated environment.
- Experience with the application of client services standards to resolve or escalate clients’ service problems.
- Has experience resolving more complex technical issues.
- Knowledge: Awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support processes and assist in design of interaction between systems.
- Understanding of project management principles to provide estimates on timing, resource utilisation and costs to facilitate the project planning process.
- Demonstrate continuous updates of knowledge about new technologies and product modifications.
- Understand and follow established standards and protocols for service excellence in IT operations to maintain quality of delivery and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Exhibit detailed understanding of customer requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customer needs including identification of recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high quality support service.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task, coordinate workloads, and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to be creative yet analytical with a logical mind and an eye for detail.
- Ability to work unsupervised and under own initiative
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please upload your CV in English Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted. Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once applying 2/3/2019 Job Description Print Preview
HOW TO APPLY
(If any of the below links do not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar)
Internal candidate: https://performancemanager5.successfactors.eu/sf/jobreq?jobId=103458&company=C0000168410P&username=
External candidate: https://job-listing.wfp.org/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=103458&company=C0000168410P&username=
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on
Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.