IT Operations Assistant (SCOPE-CBT) SC5 Qamishly VA009-2019
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
From 03 February 2019 till 17 February 2019
TYPE OF CONTRACT/DURATION
Type of contract: Service contract
Duration: Six months
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). The Job holders report to a Head of the Unit, Chief or Information Technology Officer, or the designate. At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of process es and activities requiring interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other staff.
The incumbent is expected to deliver and complete a wide range range of WFP beneficiary and transfer management system (SCOPE) operations support activities. Specifically, support is to be provided to WFP business units at the sub-office, WFP cooperating partners and other partners who are SCOPE platform users in order to facilitate effective assistance and service delivery. The incumbent will apply their knowledge and skills to ensure that sub-office level technical implementation needs and expectations for SCOPE operations are fully met. And that relevant business inputs are provided to the continued development of SCOPE to address emerging operational challenges.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
· Conduct micro IT assessments in designated operational areas and prepare reports to inform decisions on SCOPE implementation.
· Prepare implementation plan for roll-out of SCOPE based on solution design for the interventions that SO is responsible for.
· Define SCOPE operations roles for WFP and partner staff, retailers and ensure that they have the correct access to the system.
· Provide training and on-the-job coaching to SCOPE users including familiarizing them with new functionality so that they can use the system effectively.
· Coordinate SCOPE implementations, ensuring collaboration and seamless interaction among users in the different business units.
· Respond to a variety of end user business and technical queries about SCOPE to enable efficient delivery of assistance.
· Strengthen beneficiary data management at SO level by ensuring compliance with corporate and CO data standards.
· Perform testing, deployments of hardware and software including identification of problems, to contribute to the effective functioning of SCOPE.
· Identify functionality gaps arising from deep field operational requirements and suggest improvements to methods and processes in order to support the continuous improvement of SCOPE services.
· Follow SCOPE emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency assistance needs.
· Perform any other duties as required.
Capability Name Description of the behavior expected for the proficiency level
Governance, Strategy and Architecture
Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems.
Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and Optimization : Has basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilization and costs to facilitate the project planning process.
Technical Expertise: Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technologies and
product modifications; Is sought out for advice/expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.
Service Management: Understands and follows the established standards and protocols for service excellence within own domain to maintain quality of delivery and high levels of
Client Management: Exhibits a detailed understanding of customers’ IT requests in order to
effectively address and manage internal customers ‘needs. Identifies recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.
Procurement and Contract Management : Assists in the technology selection process by collating information on vendors and/or products for evaluation against criteria.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
· At least four years of progressively responsible IT operations or support work experience in an engaging and dynamic workplace environment.
· Experience of successfully understanding and contributing to achieving key objectives in support of service plans in a service-orientated environment.
· Experience with the application of client services standards to resolve or escalate clients’ service problems.
· Has experience resolving more complex technical issues.
· Awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support processes and assist in design of interaction between systems.
· Understanding of project management principles to provide estimates on timing, resource utilization and costs to facilitate the project planning process.
· Demonstrate continuous updates of knowledge about new technologies and product modifications.
· Understand and follow established standards and protocols for service excellence in IT operations to maintain quality of delivery and high levels of customer satisfaction.
· Exhibit detailed understanding of customer requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customer needs including identification of recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.
· Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high-quality support service.
· Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
· Ability to prioritize, multi-task, coordinate workloads, and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
· Ability to be creative yet analytical with a logical mind and an eye for detail.
· Ability to work unsupervised and under own initiative
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
· Please upload your CV in English
· Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
· Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once applying
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially
encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee onAdministrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
HOW TO APPLY:
Internal candidate :