Innovation Project Manager
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Innovation Project Manager in Aleppo, Syria. The duration for this post is 1 year.
The Innovation Project Manager will manage the implementation of the aforementioned “Recover Aleppo with the Crowd” in Syria.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Innovation Project Manager will perform the following functions:
- Collect lessons learnt from other UNDP CO’s similar initiatives including YemenOurHome, and LiveLebanon as to design a platform.
- Conduct needs and gap analysis, and identifying stakeholders and partnering crowdfunding platforms.
- Consult with Aleppo city officials for adopting ConsulProject open source platform to be used for Aleppo in cooperation with the city of Madrid.
- Identify and engage with the Aleppine diaspora to leverage their networks, and human and financial capital, relying on technologies that allow willing Aleppines to contribute remotely to the inclusive recovery process (crowd-funding stage).
- Development and implementation of a marketing strategy to promote this platform and overall visibility of the campaigns put on it; and boost further interest among prospective investors.
- Continuous communication with media, the city of Aleppo, refugees and citizens.
- Support project implementation and supporting the sustainable pipeline of new projects for the platform by empowering local stakeholders and the city of Aleppo.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in relevant areas-e.g. politics, economics, development, IT, etc.
- A first-level university degree in combination with an additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience.
- Experience in formulating development strategies and policies.
- Experience in project planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Project management experience is an asset.
- Experience in implementing innovative approaches especially using digital platforms is a strong asset.
- Excellent command of Arabic and English.
- Nationality of Syria.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.