- UNHCR Country offices in the AoR have modern and cost-effective ICT systems.
- UNHCR ICT equipment and data are protected.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in on-site needs assessment and installation and maintenance of UNHCR Telecommunications and IT equipment.
- In consultation with the Senior Regional ICT officer, establish the ICT requirements in field operations, taking into account the overall IT and Telecom strategy of the region, the operational needs and the security constraints.
- Install and configure the most appropriate type of UNHCR IT and Telecommunications systems (HF, VHF, UHF, Microwave Links, Telephony, and satellite systems) to meet the field and emergency operations immediate ICT needs.
- Ensure that the equipment under his/her responsibility is in good working condition, by inspecting regularly the hardware and installations. If required, arrange promptly repairs or replacement as necessary according to established procedures.
- Maintain records of the installations and repairs/replacements done and keep the Regional ICT officer fully informed on the status of the equipment.
- Provide each office, where equipment is installed, with full information for their asset management records.
- If applicable, keep a proper inventory level of all sites spares and return spare parts for repair/replacement.
- Monitor and maintain the LAN, Network Servers, Printers, LAN points, Hubs, Patch pane, etc. to prevent faults occurring.
- Add or remove users from the Network.
- Assist in the maintenance of accurate records of users and usage of the Network.
- Carry out minor hardware maintenance.
- Provide Technical Briefing/Training on the equipment to local ICT resources and users, including IPs, ensuring that they are able to maintain/use the equipment.
- Assist in the development and configuration of IT and Telecom Equipment/Kits used in field operations and emergencies.
- Perform other related duties as required.
-Decide on appropriate resolution to incidents / problems.
-Escalate issues to supervisor if incident / problem cannot be resolved with scope of responsibility.
Required Education and Skills:
- Completion of Secondary School or equivalent technical school with formal training and certification on relevant ICT related fields.
- Minimum 6 years of job experience relevant to the function or particularly on HF/VHF radio or IT systems, PAMA satellite systems, PABX, Cisco routers and satellite modems.
- Knowledge of computer application packages such as MS Office.
Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of other UN languages.
- Hands-on experience with wireless and VoIP systems, electricity, generators, lightning protection an asset.
- Previous experience in Emergencies is an advantage.
- Training experience.
Please apply in writing by completing and signing the Personal History Form (as per link below) and including an up to date CV as well as your motivation letter.
Please also indicate the following vacancy announcement number, position title and location: Attention Vacancy No: UNHCR/VN/ 2018/98, ICT Associate, Damascus
All applications must be submitted by e-mail to: SYRDAHUMANRES@unhcr.org indicating the vacancy number. No hard copies (paper applications) will be accepted. Applications received will not be acknowledged, only the successful candidates will be notified of the outcome of the competitive process, and will be invited for a written test and an interview.
Non Syrian Arabs must attach their valid residence permit as well as a valid work permit. Applications received without these documents will not be considered. A Personal History Form is attached for ease of reference and can also be downloaded from the following link: http://www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc
Please note that the Personal History Form is mandatory and must be SIGNED by the applicant.