Human Resources Analyst
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Analyst in Damascus, Syria. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Human Resources Analyst works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project teams in the CO and UNDP HQs staff ensuring successful CO performance in HR management.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Human Resources Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Ensure implementation of HR strategies and policies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of HR activities with UN rules and regulations, UNDP policies, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control, proper design and functioning of the HR management system.
- Continuous analysis of corporate HR strategies and policies, assessing the impact of changes and making recommendations on their implementation in the CO.
- Continuous research of the matters related to conditions of service, salaries, allowances and other policy matters;
- Ensure effective human resources management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Management of recruitment processes including job descriptions, job classification, vacancy announcement, screening of candidates, chairing interview panels, making recommendations on recruitment.
- Review and certification of submissions to the Local Appointment and Promotion Board (LAPB).
- Management of contracts in and outside Atlas. Monitoring and tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, HR data, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivity, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas.
- Ensure proper staff performance management and career development focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Elaboration and implementation of the protocol for performance appraisal process, facilitation of the process, elaboration of performance evaluation indicators in consultation with the Senior Management.
- Ensure conduct of UN-related surveys focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization and coordination of comprehensive and interim local salary, hardship and place-to-place surveys in coordination with the Operations Manager.
- Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings for operations/ programme staff on HR issues.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in HR, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field.
- First level university degree in combination with an additional 2 years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing HR advisory services and/or managing staff and operational systems.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in Arabic and English.
- Nationality of Syria.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.