Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified individual to fill-in the vacancy of Finance Officer to work in Damascus under employment contract
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the job
- Provide support to all financial issues regarding DRC Syria program in close coordination with the Finance Manager, as outlined below
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing and updating the allocation tool (Master budget).
- Add/remove or change cost allocation sheet for cost sharing on a monthly basis.
- Prepare staff allocation sheet from payroll and provide it to finance for allocation in cashbooks on a monthly basis.
- Prepare allocation of support cost expenditure for allocation to each grant and budget line.
- Coordinate with procurement department for procurement tracker
- Update Commitment overview.
- Set up new project budget to be sent to HQ and created in DRC system
- Prepare finance report to SARC on quarterly basis.
- Any other assignment required by the line manager.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have
- Relevant university degree (Finance, Economics, Business Administration)
- Two to three years of relevant finance experience
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English languages
- Good Microsoft Office skills- Advanced Excel
- Relevant experience with non-governmental organizations
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Contract Length: up to six months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
Interested? Then apply for this position, go to
And click on "Apply for position".
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: the 10th of February 2019.