Job Title Finance Coordinator
To work for PUI | Première Urgence Internationale
Field of Work Analysis/Statistic - Finances/Accountancy - Humanitarian/Disasters
Job Type Full time
Military servic Finished or Exempted (For male)
Minimum Education Level Bachelor/ License Degree
- Financial management, budgeting and Accounting He/she will ensure the Financial Coordination in all aspects of financial management, including budgetary and accounting activities, as well as the cash flow for the mission.
- Representation: He/She will represent the association before partners, authorities and the various local actors involved, in the areas of finance .
- Coordination: He/She distributes information concerning the financial, issues regarding the mission, both within the mission itself and to the main office, and he/she will consolidate internal and external reports in these same fields.
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT, ACCOUNTING AND BUDGETING FOR THE MISSION
• To contribute in drawing up and updating key performance indicator documents (scorecards) to monitor the mission’s financial balance sheet and to avoid risks. He/She will also analyses financial information and share his/her conclusions with the Head of Mission.
• To develop a budgetary framework for the mission for the year, and monitor/revise it at regular intervals as agreed with the management auditor at Main Office.
• To be in charge of preparing the annual budget of PUI for the annual strategy.
• To draw up project budgets within the framework for proposed operations (including the budget narrative) for the procedures of each financial donor, in coordination with the coordination team and the people responsible for the area concerned. He/She will thus ensure that any costs strictly related to the proposed programes are covered, and also the fair distribution of mission operating costs throughout the duration of each project.
• To monitor the budget for each project every month, participate in communicating with those involved with the mission and at Head of Bases within 15 days following the end of the month, and analyzing the budgets with them for any possible discrepancies between the provisional and actual budget.
• To carry out budget projections on a regular basis to ensure that optimum use is made of budgetary resources in respect of the eligibility rules and the flexibility of each financial donor. He/She will suggests adjustments to the budget as needed, which may involve requesting amendments to contracts.
• To ensure throughout each project that funds are allocated correctly and in respect of the contractual framework as regards rules of eligibility (date, purchasing procedures, etc.) and reporting deadlines.
• To prepare the external financial reports for financial donors, with all the documents that make up the contractual report.
• To supervise the allocation of accounts and ensure the allocation of expenditure and close monthly accounts having carried out all of the checks required.
• To correct filing accounting records according to PUI standards.
• To prepare a provisional level of cash flow with teams, as well as to monitor the amount of cash flow to the mission to ensure it is just enough for on-site requirements for the period, taking into account any possible payments from donors made locally as part of any request to Main Office for transfer of funds.
• To monitor the bank accounts and petty cash balances on a regular basis and in organizing movements of funds for the mission; He/she will also be constantly alert for security issues in transferring and holding funds.
- CIRCULATION OF INFORMATION, COORDINATION AND REPRESENTATION FOR ADMINISTRATIVE ISSUES
• To ensure that information is circulated effectively between operational bases and the coordination office.
• To edit or take part in drafting internal activity reports for everything involving financial management, budget, accounts for the mission.
• To ensure administrative coordination at mission level for regular visits to the bases, for monitoring, follow-ups, training, etc.
• To represent PUI before any administrative authorities (taxation authorities, Banks/insurance payment collection) etc.). He/She will also develop and maintain relationships with partner organisations, particularly within the area of coordinating with NGOs as regards to financial Donors.
• He / She provides, when required, proper coordination with all related entities such as suppliers, contractors, and SARC (Syrian Arab Red Crescent).
- Management of staff
• He / She launches and brings to fruition the recruitment of the operational team under her/his responsibility;
• He / She ensures the administrative HR management of his/her team (daily attendance, leaves management, etc.) in collaboration with the HR department;
• He / She ensures proper appraisal process for her/his team based on pre-defined objectives, and supports her/his team in improving their capacities through job related trainings, on job-coaching, etc.;
• He / She ensures good communication, coordination and information sharing within the team under his / her supervision through regular meetings, formal reception of EoM reports, debriefings, as well as one-on-one meetings to discuss particulars with each team member;
• He / She provides feedback and reports to the DHOMA in regards to the Finance team (i.e. individual evaluations, potential setbacks, specific training proposals for the staff, appraisal results, etc.).
- Internal and external reporting
• He / She supports the Compliance & Logisitcs departments with requests related but not limited to:
o Samples of purchase files for audits (internal and / or external);
o Reporting on Upcoming payments to suppliers,
• HE/She is in charge of providing the monthly report to SARC.
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on the Mission needs. Potential in-country trips might be requested to support PUI field offices.
The employee could be requested to perform other tasks as his/her Line Manager may judge necessary.
- Language skills: Fluent in Arabic and English
- Education degree: University degree in Finance, Accounting, Administration, Human Recourses or a related field
- Work experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position (NGOs/private companies)
- Knowledge & skills: Good analytical and writing skills/Good management capacities and team leadership spirit
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Outlook. Excellent in Excel
- Good skills in reports and contracts redaction
- Good knowledge of institutional donor (US donors, ECHO, UN agencies, etc.) procedures and financial guidelines.
- Knowledge of humanitarian actors
- Good management and pedagogical skills
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills to manage relationship in potentially tense situations
Specific Vacancy Requirements
- Strong motivation to help people in needs
- Understanding of the political situation in the area
- Well organized
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy experience
- Ability to analyse and suggest improvement
- Ability to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
Salary and Benefits
As per Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)) Syria Mission Salary scale
The current operational strategy for Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) in Syria is to alleviate the human suffering of the Syrian people in Syria by delivering sound, needs-based humanitarian assistance, while promoting a life-sustaining response. PUI's positioning on, shelter, education, livelihoods, and WaSH sectors remain a priority.
Based on ten years of experience conducting humanitarian operations in Syria, supporting Iraqi refugees and lately Syrians affected by the crisis, PUI has played an important role in responding to the needs of the population within nine governorates (Aleppo, Damascus, Rural Damascus, Homs, Hama, Tartous, Lattakia &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp; Dera&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;rsquo;a ) and through the following interventions:
- Rehabilitation of collective and private shelters,
- Rehabilitation of infrastructure
- Emergency and Early Recovery WASH interventions
- Education support for conflict-affected populations (remedial classes, school rehabilitations, free exam preparations, summer class activities, community based initatives and psychosocial support),
- Enhancement of the Population of Syria self-reliance through livelihoods (vocational training course, provision of a professional tool kit ((PTK))
Required employees number 1
Posted On Jul 02, 2019
Expiry Date Aug 01, 2019
CV Language English