- Contribute to analyses of the security, socioeconomic, cultural and political environment relevant to the ICRC.
- Collect, compile and interpret protection-related information.
- Develop and maintain contact with the authorities, local and National Society branches.
- Receive visitors and plan appointments for follow-up
- Contribute to reporting and the collection of statistical data
- Assists the line manager in carrying out Restoring Family Links activities.
- Available to conduct long field trips.
- Translate from Arabic to English and vice versa.
- High school.
- Previous experience in a similar field
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment
- Good analytical skills
Permanently present in Syria since 1967, the ICRC is a neutral, impartial, and independent organization with an exclusively humanitarian mission. The ICRC works closely with and supports the Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) to meet food, water, and health needs of people affected by the fighting in both emergencies and to help them start rebuilding their lives. They work together to raise awareness about risks from mines and other explosive remnants. The ICRC works to restore links between families who have been separated by the conflict and migration, visits a number of prisons, promotes respect for international humanitarian law. The ICRC also provides advice and support to local authorities and forensics practitioners in managing human remains with respect and dignity. The ICRC's operation in Syria is its largest in the world, with over 650 staff working in its offices in Damascus, Aleppo, Hama, Hassakeh, Homs, and Tartous.
How to Apply
Please send your resume in email to:email@example.com include "Field Officer" in the subject line of the email.