Field Coordinator in North-East Syria
About the mission
People in Need delivers assistance in Northern Syria addressing the needs of IDPs and hosting communities in several sector such as food security, education and WASH. PIN is well-established organization with several field offices, direct implementation and more then 300 employees. Main office sits in Erbil and provides support services to field teams inside Syria.
About the role
Field Coordinator for NES is part of Syria Country Management Team (together with Country Director, Head of Systems & Operations, Field Coordinator for NWS, Security Advisor, Head of Programmes and members of HQ Syria desk). The Field Coordinator for NES is under direct line management of Country Director and is responsible for coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of program and operations’ activities and adherence to logistic, human resource, administration and security procedures. At the regional/district level, the Field Coordinator represents PIN to relevant stakeholders.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensuring representation at field level with local authorities and humanitarian actors;
- Contributes to strategic development of overall Syria Country Program and leads the strategy for development of new projects relevant to needs and contextual development and in line with PIN’s and donors policies;
- Oversee projects implementation with support from Deputy Field Coordinator for programmes;
- Oversees security management and ensures that all relevant SoPs and contingency plans are up to date
- Oversee support services (HR, finance and logistics) in all bases and ensures that PIN complies with all policies and procedures
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
Education and Experience:
- At least 3-5 years of management experience of emergency projects in difficult and challenging environments, with at least 1 year of experience in Field Coordinator position;
- Previous experience with managing large teams and budgets;
- Previous working experience from Middle East, particularly the Syrian crisis is advantage;
Skills and Personality Requirements:
- Rigorous and with high attention to detail;
- Strong analytical and prescience skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm despite setbacks, managing and meeting deadlines;
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and awareness and willingness to travel to remote places in the field, maintaining good relationships with all members of staff;
- Fluent in English, Arabic would be an added value.
People in Need offers
- Working environment in a well-established and growing humanitarian organization;
- Salary and benefits according to PIN salary scale and HR policies, expected salary expected salary 3,500 EUR (before taxation, per diems included);
- 25 days of paid leave annually;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work; plus R&R benefits according to PIN’s policy;
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure;
- Accommodation in PIN’s guesthouse on PIN’s expenses;
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available online; travel medical insurance.
HOW TO APPLY:
Kindly send us your CV (no more than 4 pages) and short cover letter via this link.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.