- UNHCR’s policies, standards and procedures are constantly and coherently applied in the area of responsibility (AoR).
- The needs of persons of concern in the AoR are assessed and analysed in a participating manner and using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective to form a firm basis for planning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the situation in the AoR, collect data and other information relevant to UNHCR and report to the supervisor accordingly.
- Monitor the implementation of UNHCR programme including the delivery of all assistance items and monitoring of infrastructure.
- Undertake regular visits to various sites in order to assess needs of persons of concern, with particular attention to vulnerable groups.
- Keep regular contacts with local authorities and implementing partners as requested by supervisor.
- Act as interpreter when required.
- Contribute to the preparation of status and progress reports by providing info, preparing tables, etc.
- Assist in administrative tasks as required such as preparation of reports and meeting authorized personnel and assisting them during field missions.
- Inform and act on the reports received on persons of concern within the refugee community or from the local authorities.
- In coordination with implementing partners, assist in the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Undertake other relevant duties as required.
- Negotiate with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern.
- Represent UNHCR in physical monitoring of projects.
Education and Skills:
- Education: Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Law, Political Science or related field.
- Computer skills.
Experience: Job experience: Minimum 6 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
Languages: Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- UNHCR field experience.
Please apply in writing by completing and signing the Personal History Form (as per link below) and including an up to date CV as well as your motivation letter. Please also indicate the following vacancy announcement number, position title and location: UNHCR/VN/2019/10, Field Associate, Sweida
All applications must be submitted by e-mail to: SYRDAHUMANRES@unhcr.org indicating the vacancy number. No hard copies (paper applications) will be accepted.
Applications received will not be acknowledged, only the successful candidates will be notified of the outcome of the competitive process, and will be invited for a written test and an interview.
Non Syrian Arabs must attach their valid residence permit as well as a valid work permit. Applications received without these documents will not be considered.
A Personal History Form is attached for ease of reference and can also be downloaded from the following link: http://www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc
Please note that the Personal History Form is mandatory and must be SIGNED by the applicant.