- UNHCR office has sufficient administrative and local support for the field activities thus better able to meet the needs of persons of concern.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in administrative tasks as required such as preparation of reports and meeting authorized personnel and assisting them during field missions.
- Act as interpreter in the exchange of routine information, contribute to related liaison activities and respond directly to routine queries.
- Collect data and other information relevant to UNHCR and report to the supervisor accordingly.
- Keep regular contacts with local authorities and implementing partners as requested by supervisor.
- In coordination with implementing partners, assist in the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Undertake other relevant duties as required. Authority - Liaise with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern.
- Direct incidents and problems to the supervisor when they cannot be resolved at their level.
Qualification Required Education and Skills:
Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Law, Political Science or related field.
- Computer skills.
- Minimum 3 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
Please apply in writing by completing and signing the Personal History Form (as per link below) and including an up to date CV as well as your motivation letter. Please also indicate the following vacancy announcement number, position title and location: UNHCR/VN/2018/86, Field Assistant, Homs
All applications must be submitted by e-mail to: SYRDAHUMANRES@unhcr.org indicating the vacancy number.
No hard copies (paper applications) will be accepted. Applications received will not be acknowledged, only the successful candidates will be notified of the outcome of the competitive process, and will be invited for a written test and an interview.
Non Syrian Arabs must attach their valid residence permit as well as a valid work permit.
Applications received without these documents will not be considered.
A Personal History Form is attached for ease of reference and can also be downloaded from the following link: http://www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc
Please note that the Personal History Form is mandatory and must be SIGNED by the applicant.