Education Project Coordinator
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
In the Middle East, NRC has over 3,000 staff dedicated to assisting people affected by conflict in Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and Palestine. Its humanitarian interventions are based upon its programming expertise in the Core Competencies of Shelter, Education, Water and Sanitation Hygiene, Food Security, along with Information Counselling and legal Assistance (ICLA) to forcibly displaced people.
The Syrian Crisis is well into its sixth year, but the level and intensity of conflict in the country remains high. Humanitarian and protection needs continue to grow inside Syria as a result of the ongoing conflict and consequent complex emergency situation in which displacement is both massive and widespread.
The Education Project Coordinator supports the programme development and project management and implementation of NRC’s Education programming.
Specific responsibilities related to this position include:
- Responsible for supporting accurate and timely Monitoring and Evaluation of NRC/partner Education activities, in collaboration with the Technical Coordinator and education team and takes timely and appropriate action depending on results.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities especially providing technical inputs about the curriculum provided within the Non-Formal projects, proposing innovative initiatives and improving outreach in community
- Ensure proper filing of all project documents
- Ensure achievement of area level indicators for delegated projects
- Ensure that projects which target beneficiaries reach those most in need of protection and assistance through consistent application of vulnerability criteria
- Lead necessary assessments to identify gaps, areas of interventions and beneficiaries
- Develop, manage and monitor project budget (in cooperation with PM), as delegated from PM
- Responsible for providing regular reports to the PM on project implementation
We welcome applications from interested and qualified candidates. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Duty Station: Within the Syria Response Office's area of operation.
Duration: We offer up to a 6 month contract
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs
HOW TO APPLY: