General Description of the Organization:
Orange is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating the suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of conflict affected population.
Orange partners directly with affected Syrian populations delivering humanitarian and development programmes, Livelihood, Education, and Protection, to enable them to improve their living practices and their sustainability mechanisms.
Orange also collaborates with national and international non-governmental organizations, local initiatives responding to the humanitarian Syrian crisis with capacity development programmes, to be better equipped with the skills they need to prepare and respond to affected population’s needs and to ensure that these communities where we work in are ready for any future disasters.
Supervise the rehabilitation work in the project and make sure that work implemented with high quality and according to the plan.
Duties, objectives and competencies:
- Assess the Educational Learning Spaces TLSs by technical information collection; and technical status evaluation;
- Provide technical assessment of TLS to prioritize required rehabilitation and expansion projects to be conducted;
- Develop technical studies, schemes, and BOQs for TLS rehabilitation starting from proposed needs by Education Manager;
- Develop technical terms of all contracts, documents, and all formal agreements of civil and construction activities;
- Assist Education Manager Preparing Rehabilitation purchase orders;
- Assist Education Manager developing rehabilitation plans and modules for all program’s area of operation. forecast all required materials and services for rehabilitation and maintenance.
- Ensure that policies and guidelines as laid down in Orange manuals and policies are adhered to at all times;
- Ensure adherence to Orange’s Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy and standards of integrity, as well as uphold Orange’s whistleblowing mechanisms;
- Ensure adherence to the financial guidelines as per the Orange’s.
- Ensure compliance against all donor requirements, including timely quality reporting, as applicable to the project;
- Other related tasks at the request of the Education Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related field
- Good experience project implementation and management.
- Strong computer skills in Auto CAD, 3D Max ,Microsoft packages, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to take on extra duties.
- Trustworthy and honest
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Diplomacy and negotiation skill.
- Ability to work with team
- High communications skills and deep knowledge of the Syria context.
- Good in English and Arabic.
Orange’s Values and Principles
We believe that:
Maintaining a positive, healthy, and trusting relationship is central to making partnership a success.
Appropriately trained and resourced staff and volunteers are key to effective and efficient service and program delivery in the development sector.
We are committed to:
Shared responsibility, accountability, and decision-making in any partnership.
Providing access to high quality learning to empower people and professionals in the development sector, particularly in the developing world.
Learning from each other to strengthen and enhance the long-term sustainability of our services and programs for the benefit of children and communities that we serve
Child safe guarding policy
Orange aims to create an organisation that is safe for children but is also aware of the need to keep child protection concerns proportionate and to guard against over-zealous attitudes. Child abuse thrives in closed and secretive atmospheres. Orange’s best protection is to create an open and aware culture where people are not afraid to speak about their concerns.
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of Orange capacity building must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form and comply with the Orange Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of Orange commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates please apply for this position via clicking Here and fill out the application form before 09-12 -2018 . Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.