Associate HR & Admin Officer
Peace and Security Cluster
The UNOPS Peace and Security Cluster (PSC) is a principal service provider in the field of mine action with the United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS), UNDP, UNICEF, Governments of mine-affected countries and other mine action partners. The Head of Cluster is responsible to administer, provide support and oversight of the day-to-day management of the Project Field offices, both according to the client requirements and in line with UNOPS rules and regulations. It is headed by the Head of Cluster who has the overall authority and accountability for the performance of the Peace and Security Cluster on behalf of its clients.
Background: UNMAS Syria Response
In July 2018, UNMAS signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Government of Syria that provides the legal basis for an UNMAS presence within Damascus to conduct humanitarian mine action operations in line with humanitarian principles.
UNMAS provides leadership of the mine action sector, working to reach affected civilian populations through the expansion and provision of mine action services inside Syria, strengthening participatory approaches to programming, and mainstreaming risk education into wider humanitarian activities. Given the limited access that international mine action actors have inside Syria and the reliance on national actors to identify issues and deliver mine action responses, coordination and capacity building of Syrian NGOs and civil society on protection has been identified as one of the priorities.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Support Services Officer, the Associate HR & Admin Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Processing and following up on TEC claims e.g. DSA, actual/lump sum travel costs etc. for all personnel and Contractors.
- Following-up on administrative issues e.g. arrangement of missions, travel authorizations, flight bookings, security clearances etc.
- Liaising with local authorities and other UN Agencies in the country on all administrative matters affecting the operation of the Programme.
- Overall management of office premises; follow-up with building owner regarding contractual arrangement/negotiation of office lease renewal in consultation with the UNOPS PSC Portfolio team.
- Scheduling and monitoring of maintenance/repair/washing/painting work of the office premises and environment. Supervision of the cleaning and maintenance team to ensure effective and efficient services be provided
- Monitoring and ensuring the timeliness and quality of administrative tasks (e.g. cleaning and security guard service) on daily basis.
- Monitoring and analysis of administrative services and recommendations for changes in policies, systems and procedures to ensure services are aligned with changing business needs and objectives.
- Ensuring UNOPS administrative resources are fully and properly accounted for and that internal control systems are adequate and functioning.
- Assessment of expenditure in administration (office premises, assets, travel, etc.) for previous years; estimate of new requirements and preparation of budget plans for designated areas of work.
Please visit the online vacancy for more information and to apply: https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=16876
Education and Relevant Years of Experience:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field with a minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience; OR
- A First-level University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) in Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration or other related field with a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in Administration or Human Resources
- Computer literacy is required
- Mine action experience is desired;
- Knowledge of United Nations Staff Rules and Regulations is desired;
- Experience using ERP systems is desired
- Knowledge of UNOPS rules and regulations is desired;
- Fluency in English (writing, speaking and reading) is required;
- Fluency in Arabic (writing, speaking and reading) is required;
- Knowledge of another UN official language is desired.
HOW TO APPLY:
Application Deadline: 11-Dec-2018
Please visit the online vacancy to apply: https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=16876
Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.