Administration Assistant FT G5 Qamishly VA078-2017
Career Opportunities: Administration Assistant FT G5 Qamishly VA078-2017 (60246)
Requisition # 60246 - Posted 19/07/2017 - Fixed Term- UN - Middle East - Syria - Al Qamishli - Working Job Language (2) - ADMINISTRATION
Re-advertisment of VA013/2017
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
From 19 July 2017 to 02 August 2017
CONTRACT TYPE & DURATION
Type: Fixed Term
Duration: 1 year
Duty Station: Qamishli
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaus (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). The Job holders report to a Head of Unit, Chief, Administration Officer, or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
To support effective delivery and maintenance of client-focused, value-for-money oriented quality administrative practices.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Check the provision of a range of services, including facilities and light vehicle management, travel, protocol related, etc., maintaining information, to contribute to the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment.
- Collate and process information including dissemination to support the production of standard documents and reports for the unit, to enable decision-making and the effective management of resources.
- Manage and maintain paper and electronic records within the area of responsibility in accordance with established procedures, to ensure swift and easy data access as required.
- Undertake research and perform basic analyses of data, to contribute to the provision of accurate information and effective management of resources.
- Be a first point of contact for internal queries, to facilitate the provision of efficient and effective resolution of daily issues.
- Provide inputs to routine methods and practices in own area of work, to support the continuous improvement of services provided.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluent in level C in English and Arabic Languages
- Three years or more of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream including one year in adminstrative work exclusively
- Has demonstrated an ability to perform all routine adminstrative activities in line with WFPs
- Operating standards through day to day work
- Has supported in providing ad-hoc guidance to new staff members
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please upload your CV in English.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once applying.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
How To Apply