AMIDEAST is recruiting 40 unemployed young men and women, aged 18 - 30, for a nine-month intensive training program that will enable them to either find a job or start their own business. Participants will benefit from more than 275 hours of training, divided into three phases.
Phase 1 - Personal & Professional Skills
This training focuses on critical personal and professional skills relevant to most career paths:
- 170 hours of English language, focused on communication for the workplace
- 40 hours of computer and IT skills
- 35 hours of workplace readiness skills, such as customer service and decision-making
Phase 2 - Employability & Entrepreneurship Tracks
Participants will follow either the employability or entrepreneurship track.
Employability Track: Participants will receive 30 hours of training on job search skills, preparing them to pursue jobs based on their past experience, abilities and market demand in their local areas.
Entrepreneurship Track: Participants will receive 45 hours of training on starting their own businesses. By the end of the training, they will develop business plans, validate business ideas and identify financing options.
Phase 3 - Pay-it-Forward Activity
Participants will also be prepared to deliver self-development sessions to youth in their communities.
To be eligible to apply for this training opportunity, applicants should be:
- Lebanese, Syrian or Palestinian nationals residing in Lebanon
- young people experiencing difficult financial circumstances
- 18 - 30 years old
- currently unemployed and serious about finding a job or establishing a business
- able to fully commit to all phases of this intensive training program
Shortlisted candidates will be required to do a placement test and an interview before finalists are selected.
The deadline to apply is January 8, 2018.
For more information, contact AMIDEAST:
Phone: 01-989 901 ext. 234 or 236