Request for Tender (RFT) for Consultancy Services
Trócaire invites tenders for the provision of Consultancy Services as detailed below.
As Trócaire increases our programming response to the Syrian Crisis, we wish to contract a suitably qualified financial consultant. The consultant will support Trócaire and our local partner organisations to achieve high quality financial management of projects in the programme.
The consultant will be based in Beirut and will engage with partners locally, and with Trócaire who are based in Ireland. The contract will cover the period up to December 2018.
Tenderers must demonstrate that they have the resources and expertise to provide the full range of services required.
Scope of the Work / Terms of Reference (ToR)
Trócaire has responded to the Syrian Crisis since 2013, through the provision of support to local partners based in Lebanon and Syria. A range of projects and initiatives have been supported to address the humanitarian needs, and the programme overall has a focus on relief assistance (such as food and shelter), a strong focus on women affected by the crisis, protection, and the need to build resilience.
A strong partnership approach is central to Trócaire’s way of working and is important in our programming in Lebanon/Syria. Supporting the development and strengthening of local partner organisations is a key strategic focus. The programme has included support for organisational development, while our strong partnership approach places an emphasis on accompaniment and solidarity.
The programme is managed remotely from Trócaire’s head office in Ireland with regular visits to the region. Engagement with partners focuses on collective objectives and a mutual appreciation for the resources which each bring to project.
With increased programming in the region, Trócaire is seeking to recruit a part-time financial consultant who will play a critical role in supporting financial management and monitoring expenditure.
Key elements of the role will include:
- Review partner project financial reports, ensuring there is accurate reporting as well as adherence to agreed budgets and compliance with Trócaire and/or donor contracts.
- Conduct expenditure verifications, in line with agreed schedules and Trócaire/standard accounting practices, and possible donor conditions.
- Appraise partner organisations financial controls and systems in line with the Trócaire partner governance and finance manual. This will include field visits, desk audits and other methods as appropriate. Ensure recommendations are implemented in agreement with the partner.
- Review and advise on procurement procedures and practices, to support adherence to standard procurement requirements and possible donor conditions including the facilitation of training as may be needed.
- Advise partners on accounting and reporting standards, and provide technical support, including the facilitation of training as may be needed.
- Support the development of project budgets (or financial reports) and/or conduct a review of such budgets (or financial reports) and provide detail feedback
- Support Trócaire, on an ad hoc basis, with other tasks as may be needed to facilitate country programme management.
The contract for this position will be a consultancy contract.
The position will be based in Beirut and prospective consultants should be entitled to live and work in Lebanon.
Trócaire is seeking to recruit a consultant for the period of 1st February 2018 up to 31st December 2018.
It is expected that the contract will be for 10 days per month. This can be an average, depending on work demands and personal requirements.
Much of the work will be based in Beirut. Some work will require travel outside of Beirut and reasonable and receipted expenses will be reimbursed for this travel. This role may also involve some travel to Syria.
- A detailed CV, accompanied by a cover letter which highlighted areas of the CV relevant to the ToR;
- Details of the daily rate to be charged.
(Please note the all taxes are the responsibility of the consultant. Additional fees – such as travel expenses if travelling outside Beirut – will be reimbursed on a receipt basis.)
- Confirmation that the prospective consultant is legally entitled to live and work in Lebanon.
- List of References
- Submission of Tenders
Your application for this contract should be submitted using the online application format on the Trócaire/jobs website.
The deadline for the receipt of tenders is 12th January 2018.