Urgent Action Fund’s Rapid Response Grants resource the resilience of human rights and gender justice movements by supporting the security and advocacy interventions of activists when a swift response is needed. Specifically, Rapid Response Grants offer quick, flexible funding to respond to security threats or unexpected advocacy opportunities experienced by women, transgender, or gender non-conforming, activists and human rights defenders.
Urgent Action Fund accepts applications in any language using online, text and mobile funding applications 365 days of the year. We respond to applications within 24 hours of submission. Decisions are usually made within 1-10 business days. (Translation needs may increase the time to decision.) Once a grant is approved, funds can be wired within 24 hours to 10 business days, depending on need.
Applicants for security grants can request up to $8000 USD for immediate needs (for use within 3 months).
Applicants for opportunity grants can request up to $8000 USD for activities that will be carried out within the next 6 months.
Urgent Action Fund for Women’s Human Rights accepts applications for support from countries in the Middle East, Central Asia, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, the South Caucuses, and from the following countries: Canada, Turkey, United States, and Russia.
Applicants from other parts of the world should apply to one of our Sister Urgent Action Funds.
- To apply for support in Africa, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To apply for support in Latin America & the Caribbean, write to: email@example.com.
- To apply for support in Asia or the Pacific, please visit:https://www.uafanp.org/apply-now .
If you are based in the Middle East, Eastern or Western Europe, the South Caucuses, Canada, Turkey, the United States, or Russia, please apply to our office. Please choose only 1 of the following options for application:
1. ONLINE APPLICATION: Fill out the application online
2. DOWNLOADABLE APPLICATION: Download the application here and send to our office via email or SMS/text.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require additional security in processing your grant application, please consider submitting your email application via hushmail.com or protonmail.com. To do so, you must first create a free account and submit your application to us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. The transmission of emails using Hushmail and Protonmail is fully encrypted in order to maintain your privacy.
- SMS/text message: +1 415-496-6365 Office phone: +1 415-523-0360
3. PHONE OR TEXTING/SMS: If you have difficulty writing, typing, or accessing a computer, you may submit a request by voicemail or SMS text message. You may leave us a message at +1- 415-4WOMEN5 (+1- 415-496-6365) at any time of the day or night. We will then get in touch with you as soon as possible about your request. Please remember to provide a phone number where we can reach you.
Please note that applications in languages other than Arabic, English, Russian, or French may require additional time for translation and processing.