Applicants are invited to apply for Dalai Lama Fellowship 2019 that offers emerging leaders a rigorous, interdisciplinary program on ways to be a different kind of leader, a leader that connects and cares for self, extends genuine compassion to others, and works for their common humanity.
Fellows cultivate practices in mind training for increasing self-awareness, self-care and resilience, for connecting with others and working across differences, and in building solutions for generations to come.
Over the course of a year, with the support of mentors and coaches, each Fellow designs and implements an original Field Project addressing a global challenge. Upon graduation, Fellows join a LifeLong Community, where they connect with and support each other while continuing to advance their leadership journeys.
They award year-long Fellowships to such next generation leaders that are working on social change projects in local communities to address one or more of the following areas:
- mitigating economic disparity
- diminishing violence
- gender inequity
- improving cross-cultural and interreligious cooperation
- facilitating new and more holistic educational approaches
- enhancing environmental sustainability
- This program is focused on next-generation leaders (individuals between 20-35 years of age) who are enrolled in undergraduate and graduate schools at the time of applying and who intend to be enrolled and on campus during their Fellowship year.
- The application is open to all students from any institution and any country who are drawn to their approach to reimagined leadership.
- All of their Fellows propose social change projects in their local communities that address one or more of six key areas (improving cross-cultural and interreligious cooperation, diminishing violence, increasing gender equity, mitigating economic disparity, improving public education, and enhancing environmental sustainability).
- Fellows must show that they are deeply familiar with the community that they are proposing to work in and with and they also must have a well researched justification for the issue that they are choosing to work on.
- Unlike many other Fellowships, Dalai Lama Fellows is not just focused on social impact. Rather, their focus is on the individual and their inner transformation as intertwined with the transformations in the world which they seek to engender, and how they learn to lead differently. Therefore evaluating the applicant’s intention and commitment is just as important as the strength of their project proposal.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit here