Who are we ?
Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale is a not-for-profit, non-political and non-religious NGO. Born in April 2011 from the merger of 2 highly experienced and complementary French NGOs (PU and AMI), its objective is to bring about a global response to the basic needs of populations suffering from acute humanitarian crisis and to allow them to recover their autonomy and dignity. Today, PU-AMI is intervening in 22 countries in Africa, the Near East, Asia and Europe to take charge of the needs of the populations affected by conflict, natural disasters or economic crises.
What we do:
- Health : VIH, tuberculosis, cholera, medical training, community health
- Nutrition : Prevention et treatment of malnutrition
- Food security: Food distribution, agriculture recovery…
- Rehabilitation & Construction: Rehabilitation and construction of camps, roads, health centers, schools and individual houses
- Water, Hygiene and Sanitation : Emergency intervention, rehabilitation of sewage and water supply networks
- Economic Recovery : Tool kits distribution, vocational training, income generating activities
PU-AMI in Lebanon:
PU-AMI’s involvement in the Syrian Crisis is strong, with a wide range of programs implemented in most of the countries affected by the conflict. In Lebanon, PU-AMI has over 200 employees based in Halba, Beirut and Saida.
In Lebanon, PU-AMI intervenes in the areas of Shelter & Rehabilitation, Infrastructure, WASH, Food Security & Livelihoods, Health, Informal Settlement/Community Shelter management as well as Protection, Education and Psychosocial Activities.
We intervene in three regions, namely the Akkar district in North Governorate, Beirut and Mount Lebanon Governorates, and Saida district in the South Governorate.
To follow our activities: www.pu-ami.org and www.facebook.com/puamiLebanon